Meet Dr. Menchel
Dr. Menchel is the only board-certified dentist limiting his practice to Orofacial pain in the South Florida Community including both east and west coasts.
After graduating Cum Laude from the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, Dr. Menchel served in the US Army Dental Corps.
Since 1981, he opened his dental practice in Coral Springs, Florida and has successfully treated facial pain patients since 1989. He earned his dental degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. In addition, Dr. Menchel intensively trained at the University of Florida Facial Pain Center, the L.D. Pankey Institute, and has taken hundreds of hours of continuing education instruction in TMJ treatment, pain management, anatomy, neuroscience, pharmacology and physical therapy.
Dr. Menchel is board certified as a Diplomate of the American Board of Orofacial Pain. He is one of only 300 diplomates in the US.
Present and past memberships:
- American Academy of Oral Medicine
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Headache Society
- American Academy of Orofacial Pain
- American Equilibration Society
- University of Florida Facial Pain Center Alumni
He has held a number of offices for the Broward County Dental Association, including president, vice president, secretary, area director and program director.
In 2000, Dr. Menchel received the Broward County Dental Association Service Appreciation Award. In addition, he has served as the Florida Dental Association’s Atlantic Coast Delegate. Currently, he is an Adjunct Faculty member for Continuing Education in TMD and facial pain education in the Nova Southeastern University Dental School, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
Dr. Menchel speaks to a variety of organizations about TMD and facial pain both nationally and internationally. He engages his audiences by drawing upon his extensive scientific knowledge along with his personal patient experiences to deliver emotionally charged and compelling presentations. He’s been featured on ABC News and Comcast Newsmakers. Read more about Dr. Menchel’s lectures.
Contact Dr. Menchel at [email protected]
Dr. Menchel is listed on the following speaker’s bureaus:
Seattle Study Club
“The Dental Advisor”
American Society of TMJ Surgeons
American Dental Association
Florida Dental Association
American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
American Academy of Orofacial Pain
American Board of Orofacial Pain
American Academy of Oral Medicine
American Equilibration Society
- Menchel HF. TMD: Eliminate All the Confusion with a Proper Diagnosis 2018
- Canadian Journal of Oral Health 8/2016
- Menchel HF. Making Sense of Temporomandibular Disorders.
- Orthodontic Practice US 2018 July/August ;9(4)
- Greene CS. Menchel HF. The Use of Oral Appliances in the Management of Temporomandibular Disorders.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surg Clin N. America; 30(3):265-277
- Menchel HF. Acute post traumatic jaw pain. Journal of Amer. Dental Assn. 2014 June; 145 (6): 578-579
- Menchel HF. An Appeal for a rational approach to Orofacial Pain: Dentistry, Online Jan 2014
- Menchel HF. TMJ arthritis 2014: Essentials for the orthodontist. Part 1. Orthodontic Practice US. 2014; 5(4): 40-44
- Menchel HF. Osteoarthritis: Orthodontic Dilemma: Part II: Septic (suppurative) arthritis causing occlusal changes. Ortho Practice US 2014 November; 5(1):37-41
- Menchel HF. Sleep medicine in dentistry Part 1. Ortho Practice US 2013 October ! 4(5): 36-39
- Menchel HF Sleep medicine in dentistry Part II Ortho Practice US 2014 February5 (1) 36-39
- Menchel HF. “Throw the cookbook away”. Editorial comment Ortho Prac US 2014 January; 5(1):1
- Menchel HF Nonodontogenic tooth pain and headache Seattle Study Club Journal 2012 March; 7:21-27